Thursday 12 February 2009

Paul Gauguin Manao tupapau

Paul Gauguin Manao tupapauPaul Gauguin Mahana No AtuaPaul Gauguin Les Alyscamps
this old lady who used to teach me the piano. She was the only person I could think of. I asked her if my mother could stay with her, and I took her there. I think she'll look after her all right. Anyway, I went back to the house to look for these letters, because I knew where she kept them, and I got them, and the men came to look and broke into the house again. It was nighttime, or early morning. And who came and robbed us, but there was something else as well as them. So maybe we do have the Specters in my world, only we can't see them and we haven't got a name for them, but they're there, and they keep trying to attack my mother. So that's why I was glad yesterday when the alethiometer being able to help it he found himself walking up and down and looking away from Lyra because his voice was unsteady and his eyes were watering. He went on: "They were tormenting her just like those kids at the tower with the cat… They thought she was mad and they wanted to hurt her, maybe "Yeah, probably. They might want to use the knife, though. They might come after us for that."
"Let them. They're not having it, not now. I didn't want it at first. But if it can kill the Specters…"
"I never trusted Angelica, not from the beginning," Lyra said virtuously.
"Yes, you did," he said.

No comments: