Monday 23 February 2009

Jean Beraud La Rue de la Paix

Jean Beraud La Rue de la PaixHenri Rousseau The Snake CharmerHenri Rousseau The DreamPaul Cezanne Mount Sainte Victoire
special for a hundred and forty bucks.”F: “Wow, that’s good value for nice jeans like those.”CH: “Now, do you want the bad news?”F: “What?”CH: “The shirt cost me twenty five bucks at Target.”F: “Did not.”CH: “Yep, it did and my out the obvious fact that she had been sucked into the mindset of ‘dearer always equals better’, she didn’t want to hear about it. I was informed that I “just don’t get it”. All of a sudden my “gorgeous shirt” wasn’t nearly as appealing. And of course we all know you can’t buy “gorgeous” for twenty five bucksexpensive jeans actually cost me forty five bucks at the same store and my boots were a freebie from the good folk at ‘Caterpillar’; I did a gig for them recently. So my entire outfit, including socks and jocks, cost me less than eighty bucks.”F: (look of disbelief on face)Needless to say, the revelation of the cost and origin of my ensemble changed the dynamics and the tone of the conversation instantly. When I pointed

No comments: